Monday, 17 September 2007

Can give some more names to the basket ball team submitted by Roy(aka Sid) Smith:

front row: l-r: Ian Wallace, Nicky Rylatt, Geoff Vote, Roy Smith,

back row: l-r: Chris Packer, John Perry, unknown, Phil Withers.

I would date this picture as after April 1965.

The last time I saw Chris Packer was at St.John's School, Singapore, sometime shortly after I left Price's in January 65. Chris had certainly left Singapore by September 1965. Incidentally, other Singaporean Old Pricean's I know about are Kevin O'Carroll, RA (Dick) Boyce, Roy Parkinson and of course my brother Michael (MS) Crawshaw. There must be more!

I returned to Price's in September 1966, and ended up playing in the 1st XV with Nicky, JJ Perry and Roy Smith.

As I recall Steve Simpson and 'Sid' Smith were a great half back combination in 1967/8.

Best wishes,

Phil Crawshaw (1961-68)

No comments: