Monday, 17 September 2007

Tuck Shop

I attended Prices's 1960-64. During my stay there the tuck shop was no longer in the tin hall; that building wasn't even used as the woodwork shop any more. In fact for most of my first year there the "tin hut" - with the old toilets sited immediately behind it - was our classroom (1A) and we had Mr Alderson as form master. I seem to remember it ended its days as the CCF "Quatermaster's Stores".
(The CCF another good topic for memories?)

In my day the tuck shop was always on the ground floor of the "old building" .. opposite the stairs. I recall they sold items there which were never available anywhere else: "Spud Puffs" and "Mint Bingos" . I never came across these elsewhere, either before or since. They also sold some cheese flavoured crisp-type items, though I forget what they were called. Again, unobtainable elsewhere.

PETE BEWERS

No comments: