Some CCF memories
I was in the Army section of the CCF and I suppose the high spots were the various camps we went on. Destinations during my time (the late 60s) included Leek in Staffordshire, Bovington (I think) with the Junior Leaders and the Royal Corps of Transport, Otterburn in Northumberland and Newtown in Wales.
Some were for just army cadets whilst others, under the heading of Arduous Training involved all three sections. The most eventful was probably Arduous Training in Newtown.
We arrived to find the accommodation double booked so spent the first night on the floor in a local hall. Later in the week someone put sugar in the petrol tank of the local commander’s transport ( he wasn’t very popular) – I never did find out who did it. Our hike across the Welsh Hills descended into chaos as a number of groups got lost and I seem to recall someone finished up in hospital suffering from exposure. Having cancelled the hike we all went on a day trip to Caernavon.
Regards
Nigel
Tuesday, 8 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment