Thursday, 3 April 2008

Remember the CCF?

There has been some very interesting offers of memories from OPs of the War years, inc. detail of dress, badges, courses, camps, Officers etc. Some of the content of the Lion CDs I am sumarising in a spreadsheet of detail from which, ultimately, I will write a longer account of Corps and Band etc.

Perhaps the older members might also contact each other via the OP list, to dig-up some memories, descriptions of uniforms, affiliations with Parent Units, etc. John Suggate (1939 - 45) told me of the rifles in use as having been made in the 1880s - single shot, etc.! For this, I really do need to know more than what has been printed in the Lion. I would like to know who the Officers were, W.O.s also, Band Sergeants, Drum Majors, external Parades attended, Flight Sergeants (or senior NCO) in the RAF section, and the same for the Navy section, of which I know nothing, other than Lion content. Types of courses cadets went on, who earned flying Scholarships, got gliding wings, pilot's license, and other qualifications, inc. those who entered the forces, and those via commissioned ranks, with any essential details of military careers, war service, decorations, wounded, lost in action etc.

Those with knowledge of what the badges were, certs., marksman, signaller, esp. the naval section adornments, a Lion cap badge and details of other cap badges in earlier years etc., all welcome. Anyone who would like to help with the research - I would be pleased to hear from, direct. Photos also needed, with caption detail, and maybe comment, anecdotes, stories, wicked things, accounts of visits, courses. related to same - best scanned and emailed to me. Prepn. time for the Exhibition is very short, now, so almost immediate replies would be best, direct to me.

Thanks,

David Golring 01454 883631

No comments: