Monday, 17 September 2007

Prize Winners 1964

Here is the list of prize-winners from the CD version of the Lions. Can you put the names to the faces?


Names for the photograph...only a few though:
Row 1, L-R: no 1: Greg Parsons, no 2: Ian Kenway
Row 2, L-R, no 6: Nick Cotton, no 8: Phil Crawshaw
Back row, far right leaning forward, with specs: Neil Astley (I think).

regards to all,

Kev O'Carroll
Hello Michael.

I was fascinated to see the 1964 prizewinners photo submitted recently by Robin Ward - I had never seen it before, even though I am on it!

Robin says "Maybe someone else can put more names to more faces". Well, in the second-to-last row at the back, starting from the left-hand aisle, there is a younger boy I do not know, then four Upper VI formers, viz. myself, Colin Knowlton(I think), Neil Auckland and Peter Domone.

I'm afraid after all these years the names of the others escape me.

Best wishes,
Mike Bayliss


2 comments:

banyanman said...

Hi Kev,

RE: "Back row, far right leaning forward, with specs: Neil Astley (I think)"

No, sorry, that's me (David Astley). My brother Neil was five years behind me.

Thanks for posting this - I'd completely forgotten that I had ever received a prize at Prices - memory fades with age I suppose :)

John Morris said...

Another name for the photo - mine (John Morris). 3rd row from front, 7th from left; my name is in the list below the photo. By the date of the event I was a sixth former when the photo was taken - but I don't remember being so conventional - and wasn't for much of the time I should have being studying in the Science VIth. In fact it wasn't long afterwards that E.A.B. Poyner said that I wasn't the sort of boy he wanted in his school . . . .